Dear in headlights

The poor man.

How many times people must say this, when thinking of Sam, having to live with this WOMAN who has these WILD IDEAS and this FIERY TEMPERAMENT.

I know.
What can I say?
I'm a pain in the ass, and I always have been, and I continue to be.
I have not mellowed with age.

I'm working on it.

But today, today I deserve some credit. Today I did not yell. I did not freak out. I did not melt down. I did not cry. Or swear.

(well, maybe a little swearing. BUT NOT AT HIM.)

I asked a simple question: "May I have the paperwork from the movers?"

And he said "They didn't give me any."

And I said "Well, what did you sign? Didn't they give you a copy of that?"

And he said "I didn't sign anything."
(this might have been when he got The Look)

"What do you mean, you didn't sign anything? What did you do when you dropped off the moving pod and the trailer?"

"Um, I unhooked the trailer from the car. And they said 'You're all set." and I said 'Don't I need to sign anything?' and they said "Nope, you're all set.' So I left."

"You left?"

"Well, yeah. What was I supposed to do? Demand they make up a form for me to sign? They said I was ALL SET."

"So, you left all of our belongings in the KMart parking lot on a trailer, and did not sign anything, and they did not sign anything saying they had our stuff. No receipt or anything."

"I ALREADY TOL-"

"Yeah, okay, I get it."

This is when I got on the phone. The women I spoke with were just as confused.

"What do you mean he doesn't have any documents?"
"He didn't SIGN FOR THIS?"
"THEY DID NOT PHOTOCOPY HIS ID BEFORE HE DROVE OFF WITH THE TRAILER?"
well, that escalated quickly.

Fear not, they have assured me the container with our worldly possessions and baby photos has been located. Allegedly.
We'll see what shows up in New England (and when).

Sami went to the movies. I'm taking a Xanax and going to bed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And so it goes